Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another Record!

So, once again, we have the dubious record of having visited 2 cities in AK, both of whom have set a new record for rainfall!  The rivers and streams in Fairbanks are indeed full and rising!  Today, we left Fairbanks - in the rain - and motored toward Anchorage.  It was raining when we left, and stopped about 5 miles out of town.  We were in and out of rain all the way - we are close to Wasilla tonight.  Tomorrow, we will head to Seward.

We saw our first bear on the highway today - just a little squirt - probably about a 2 year old black bear.  Never saw mom.  A big semi stopped coming toward us and we got stopped going the other way so the cub could safely cross the road.  Never got a picture.  By the time we got close enough, he/she had moved off the road into really high grass and disappeared.  Fun to see one though.

Sorry about no pictures.  I have been having some problems with this computer.  If I don't get it figured out, I will post pictures when we get home!

Love to all,

Kathy & Joyce

1 comment:

  1. I think we just missed each other again. I arrived in Anchorage at 0030 on the 20th and left at 2330 the same day. I'm in Minneapolis right now and in another couple hours will be on my Delta flight to Missoula. See you on the 29th!

    ReplyDelete